Wellesley Cosmetic Dentist
Cosmetic dentistry aims to create a positive change in your teeth and smile, often leading to dramatic results. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) is the primary dental resource for patients as they strive to maintain health, function, and appearance for their lifetime.
Procedures can range from basic color correction to replacing missing teeth. The 5 most common forms of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth Whitening – procedure brightens discolored or stained teeth; can be done by a dentist or at home.
- Bonding – improves the appearance of chipped, broken, cracked, or stained teeth by bonding tooth-colored materials to the tooth surface.
- Veneers – custom-made porcelain shells that cover the front of the teeth to disguise discoloration or imperfections.
- Tooth Reshaping – procedure involves changing the teeth to improve their appearance by modifying or removing enamel.
- Crown Lengthening – fixes a smile where more gums are visible or there is an uneven gum line by removing excess gum tissue to expose more of the tooth’s crown and give the appearance of longer teeth.
Most dentists who practice cosmetic dentistry have taken continuing education courses in the treatments and procedures. You should look for a dentist that is a member of AACD, which requires study of cosmetic dentistry procedures and an examination to become a member.