One of the most common reasons people see the dentist is because their teeth are chipping and breaking, and they don't know how to prevent it.
We want you to achieve that great smile you're always worried about having. So here are 4 easy ways to prevent chipping and breaking that most Dentists don't tell you about.
Avoid acidic drinks. Your teeth are fragile. Things like acidic drinks, acid reflux and disease can wear down and chip your teeth. Here are things to avoid to prevent acid from hitting your teeth:
- Drink less soda & lemonade.
- See your primary care physician if you have acid reflux.
- Eat a health diet and maintain good weight.
- Brush your teeth regularly.
Grinding & Clenching Your Teeth
Reduce your stress. The number one cause of chipping and breaking teeth is from stress. Many people take their stress out on their teeth by clenching during the day, or grinding at night. Instead, focus on healthy ways to take out stress such as:
- Light to moderate exercise.
- Take regular breaks during the day, and focus on relaxation.
- Take yoga classes or do breathing exercises.
- Find out what stressful activities occur throughout your day and eliminate or reduce those activities as much as possible.
- Wear a custom night guard that's been made by your dentist.
Misaligned teeth can easily cause your biting and regular daily activities to wear down on your teeth over time and cause chipping. The best way to fix misaligned teeth is to see an Orthodontist for options, or consider doing a more popular treatment like Invisalign.
Blunt Force Trauma
Be careful indoors and outdoors. During a lifetime, most people have several accidents that cause chipping and breaking of teeth. Take care of your teeth by avoiding blunt force and trauma, wearing a mouth guard during extreme exercises, and be mindful of your surroundings. While it is impossible to avoid all trauma, a careful daily routine can protect your teeth from hitting and breaking.